Successful Dairy Farming
Cow Dairy Farming is now a profitable business. Most of the youth in the country is after the Dairy Farming. This is mainly because of the Profit Margins in Successful Dairy Farming in India. One has to say that the profits in the Cow Dairy are exciting a number of people. Apart from that, the opportunities for this business are also great in the recent times. Not only that, Government at both state and a central level is helping with loans and subsidies for the dairy farmers. Hence many are showing a great level of interest to start successful dairy farming business.
1. Make a Business Plan
It is the most important thing to do before starting a dairy farm. Creating a detailed business plan is the key to the successful business of dairy farming. How many animals you are going to keep in your farm? Which market you are going to capture to sell milk? How many employees you need to hire? What is your budget for this business and how much profit you need to earn from this business? Clearing all these doubts and making business plan according will help you to understand the total expenses and investment you need to do for the business.
2. Take advice of professionals
It is advisable to consult and take advice from the experienced people in this field. They can give your idea about the business plans and help to set up the initial structure of your business. Try to visit the other dairy farms to see how they are managing the business. While giving this type of field trip watch the plus and the minus points of every particular farm. While building your business, this experience will prove helpful for you. While visiting others try to achieve more and more knowledge from these experienced people about animal doctors, nutritionists, investors, bankers etc.
3. Think About Initial Investment
4. Animal feed
5. Waste Management Program
6. Selection of Good Quality of Breed
If you want to rear good kind of animals then there should be provision of good kind of animal shed, feeding facilities ,Watering facilities, Health provisions as well as owner should have knowledge about it (It means he should also undergo training on dairy farming). In many circumstances, to reduce expenditure on production cost of milk, dairy farmers must adopt recent techniques to decrease cost on feed and labours by enhancing quality of feed residues as well as mechanization and less labour consuming practices in successful dairy farming.
9. Value Addition
11. Risks for Successful Dairy Farming
In each business, there are risks, it is to be known that this business is 24-hour service and need individual attention, then & then you will get profit. Natural calamities like floods, Earthquakes are not avoidable but health related factors like communicable diseases are to be avoided as it has preventive vaccinations. If dairy farmer is careless then he will suffer ultimately as his carelessness. So, for that appoint a veterinary consultant so that he can judge situation regularly as well as be in touch with that expert so that he can clarify the problematic points that you arise in front of him. Veterinarian should have at least B.V.Sc & A.H. or M.V.sc degree and should have experience in dairy farm management. It is better to insure animals per three years. If there is Boaring water then test it as if pH of water is high then it is not suitable for watering of animals as well as not suitable for fodder farm. Fodders and other feeds in balanced state will provide Protein, Energy and other constituents which are needed for milk production and daily activities of animals. Soil testing is also necessary because it may give exact status of soil as it gives clear ideas of fertilizer doses and also minimize the cost on fertilizers which is higher in traditional fertilizers application.
12. Other things to consider
Works with Professionals:
- Experts empower you with dairy standard operational procedures to support you up to the last production goals. Identify and build trust to get the best out of them.
- Herd fertility and calf rearing: Future of any dairy enterprise heavily relies on these; using the right breeding techniques and managing your calves well are steps forward in achieving these.
- Labour efficiency: Good rapport and mutual working relationship with the farm assistants.
- Waste management: Manure from dairy animals is not environmental friendly if left to accumulate or when not properly disposed. Develop a system to allow for easy removal of manure from the barns. Other useful options include construction of a biogas.
- Pedigree of the cows (importance of the breed & or health of cattle at time of purchase).
- Availability of sufficient green fodder/ drinking water (can the cattle be fed boring water if fresh drinking water not available?). what is the importance of quality of feed in the survival of the cattle & its new born?
- Soil/water analysis of the land where green fodder has to be grown.
- Sanitation & environment of the cattle sheds.
- Health of lactating cattle (vaccination & medicines).
- What is the importance of quality/knowledge/experience of labour involved in milking/cattle care in the success of the project?
- First of all, you have to visit some of the old dairy farms to know how the things will go on in the successful dairy farming business.
- You should attend some workshops which will help you to give the exact and precise knowledge about the successful dairy farming business.
- You should take a good advice from the experts. They can either be the old dairy farmers or Animal husbandry department or from the KVKs.
- You should select high yielding Cows for your Dairy Farming Business.
- Try to know all the management practices in the Dairy Farming Business.
- Have a better understanding of the Daily Operations of Cow Dairy Farming Business.
- Get to know all the diseases that will attack the Cows. You should also know the management practices of those diseases. Apart from these, you should have a veterinarian available all the time.
- You should place your cow dairy farm business, near to the market.
- Your Cow Dairy Farm should have better transportation facilities.
- Make sure that you provide good fodder and water facilities to the Cows.
13. Tips For Successful Dairy Farming
Request an experienced dairy farmer to help you select your disinfectants, germicides, fungicides and insecticides wisely, such that your animals face no harm from their usage, insects, plant growth or microbes. You may go in for iodine/iodophores, sodium carbonate, quick lime, slaked lime, bleaching powder, phenol, etc. Food must comprise of dry fodder (paddy straw, wheat hay, etc.), green fodder (protein-rich leguminous Rabi crops) for good milk yield, and mineral mixture for supplementation. <a< p=””></a<>